Photobucket * Photobucket * Photobucket * Photobucket * Photobucket * Photobucket

About Me

My name is Marisa and I am an illustrator with a passionate love for colored pencils, which began when I was 10 and received my first professional set of colored pencils as a present from my grandma for not scratching my chicken pox bumps. It was love at first sight.

I've spent the last 18 years playing around with techniques, especially the blending and burnishing it takes to get colors so vibrant they pop off the page. I'm clearly a HUGE fan of saturated color.

I graduated from San Jose State University with a degree in Creative Arts. I hope to one day be a published author/illustrator of books for children, but in the meantime, I am a stay-at-home mom with two darling little girls who keep me very, very busy!

Family is the most important thing in the world to me and my illustration business brings in the extra income that allows me to stay home with my girls. I couldn't be happier running a business from home and watching my daughters grow up. I hope to have this opportunity always!

I regularly blog about my family, my creative process and a lot about me, over at my blog Elegant Bloggery <-- just click to visit.